Sunday, March 15, 2009

999th and happy about it

So, I (Jen) decided I might as well do the Achilles St Patricks Day 5k this weekend. Ashifa as out of town for work , so it was just me. She was going to try to make it back for the finish, but after 24 hours awake and busy in the ER, she had to miss my fantastic finish. :-) It actually was pretty fantastic, by our standards. I was aiming for sub-40 minutes, which would be a couple minutes improvement on my two previous 5ks. I ended up at 38:10, and that included a stop to retie my shoes! Very happy! I finished in 999th place.

Skydome, before the 2000 runners...


It didn't even occur to me to wear green.... I was one of the few non-green runners. That whole 'St Patricks Day' part of the title of the race obviously didn't register. I also didn't partake in the free boxes of Lucky Charms.


Runners getting ready in the shadow of the CN Tower
(I still can't believe we'll be climbing up that thing next month).




Self-portraits of Runner #683 (the cell phone camera has its
limitations, namely the length of my arms)



The line for beer and chili after the race. Sadly, the chili wasn't very good.
But the beer (Steamwhistle, of course) was cold. Dr. Shif is left to question why
they were feeding dehydrated runners alcohol, but I explained that's why most
people were there in the first place.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hate Blogger's formatting....

Ashifa said...

You're awesome runner #683 - you're in the top 50%, AND you have cute ankles! :-)

Ashifa said...

you should also mention it's 999 out of 2000 (NOT 1000)!!

lorna (@sewbylorna on IG) said...

Congratulations, Jen, on your sub 40 minute time!

Jennifer said...

Who would assume it was 1000??? :-)