Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Snowshoe Options - No Navigation!

There are some new options for the February stupid thing, the Salomon Snowshoe Raid. In addition to the 3-hr snowshoe orienteering competition, they've added 5k and 10k snowshoe races. So for those of you who aren't interested in doing the map and compass thing, you can follow a marked trail. You can also do the 5k and 10k solo; the orienteering race is done in teams of two.

We're still planning to do the orienteering. Although I just discovered yesterday that Ashifa has never used a topo map before, so we're going to have to do a little practicing!

Here's the site for the Snowshoe Raid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used a topo map back in 1984, does that count as "experience"? Ha! I think I will get lost doing this race. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I've officially signed up! Its set in stone now... what have I got myself into?

Dave, don't worry! I have a funny suspicion I will not make it for the full three hours! I can get lost in my own neighbourhood and maps are just funny picutres and shapes to me!

If anyone out there hears someone whimpering or crying in the woods that will be me... please find me !